It’s the last day for hair tutorial month and I’ve learned so much. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep myself from being so dull with my hair (even though I think hiding under a beret is nice….and a basic ponytail is rather can be rather pretty)!
A few things I’ve learned about hair tutorials:
1) They don’t look very difficult to film. Perhaps I should do one?!
2) People have some UGLY backdrops!
3) There is lots of talky-talky and some of us just want an expedited version. Sigh….just like in dance classes….there are the talkers and there are the make-the-students-dance-ers.
4) People can make funny faces while using hairspray. This makes me slightly insecure about what silly facial expressions I must have that I don’t know about and that my friends are too kind to tell me about. 🙂
5) The definition of long, medium, and short hair is very flexible. Apparently, what I consider medium length hair is what some people consider to be short.
6) I’ll never have hair the right length. It’s either too short or too long for everything! Hahha, perhaps you feel the same way.
7) I keep finding bobby pins in the oddest places!
Alright. Time for our last video. This kinda (eeek….sorta *squint) relates to fashion in the lindy hop scene. We wear bows in our hair, but what if we were to make our hair into a bow!!! I know you’ve always been wondering how to do this, so here’s the tutorial for you!!
In case you don’t have that much hair, fret not, here’s a video with “little hair”. OMGoodness, the Japanese are so cute!!
Here’s two more for good measures. This chick has shorter hair (as opposed to “little hair”) and can still make this happen. No excuses! Fast forward to 3:50 start 🙂
Different technique. I’ll probably use the second one (starts at 4:10) on my hair.
Ladies, I want to see some Gaga Bows at the next few events. I’ll be Stateside in starting tomorrow and will see some of you at Heartland Swing Festival, then at Southwest Lindyfest, and then at Guys & Girls Gone Wild!! I want to see something from this past month at one of those three events. Come show me so we can take pictures together….it’d be very Japanese for us to do that. Peace-su!!
Oh yeah, and if you don’t know about those events, scroll to the top of the page, click on my calendar, scroll down to the appropriate month, and click on the links! Cheers!!
It’s be a Febru-hairy of a month!!!!