Photos from David Holmes
I’m so grateful that I wasn’t sick this year! Man, the social dancing at this event was easily some of the best dancing I’ve had this year. To the Leaders in Texas: I love you. All of you. You’re amazing. Thank you for my weight changes!
Some personal highlights from the weekend:
- Teaching 3 aerial classes on the best gym floor. While little gymnast girls run by, my class was throwing aerials. We worked our way up to the Idlewild. Awesome.
- Performing “Communication” in heels. That’s a first!! (if the video gets posted, I’ll post it here).
- Biscuits at the buffet.
- Teacher’s room with food, especially the peanut butter pretzels.
- Social dancing on Sunday night with all the A-mazing leads
- Social dancing on Sunday night with Naomi Uyama for about an hour and a half. It was ridiculous. Buwahahha! The mental energy I had to put forward in order to think about what came next and how to execute it, all while trying to stay on beat AND give Naomi her footwork. OMGOODNESS it was overwhelming!
- Having Max Pitruzzella help me with my leading.
- Teaming up with Hot Club Stomp and forming Hot Killer Stomp! Video below.
- Having so many fantastic dancers in mine and Kevin’s master class.
- Making the students in the advance class feel SUPER awkward. Hahah, it was funny for Kevin and me!
Videos from the weekend: